Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let's talk about British things I don't understand

Queue-ing


This is the line of people waiting for a taxi cab last Saturday night. This is Leith Walk, but you'll see lines like this, and some that are much longer, scattered throughout the city. The cab system here is really bizarre and organized, no need for hails and whistles, just stand in the politely formed line full of rather impolitely intoxicated people.

You can still hail a cab if you want to, but if you are standing in the wrong place, or on the improper side of the road, don't be surprised if the driver keeps going.

I don't really get the logic behind all of this, but hey- whatever gets people home safe and sound I suppose. As for me, on most nights I'll stick to walking, knowing that it'll get me home faster and cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment