Sunday, March 28, 2010

Menu

I'm often hungry, probably from all the walking around Edinburgh. I love cooking and baking and often find myself thinking about what to eat and how to go about making it. On Friday I cooked a nice sit-down meal for 8 friends. There's nothing I like more than sharing good food with good company. Even better when your company is from a collective 6 different countries! (US, Scotland, India, Mexico, France and the Czech Republic.)

I'm not sure what to write about today, so I'll share Friday's menu just for fun -and to prove to my parents that my childhood subscription to Martha Stewart Living has actually paid off.




Starter

Butternut squash slices roasted in balsamic vinegar & honey

Garlic bread and cheese plate

Main

Roasted Free Range Chicken in a Riesling, lemon, thyme & sage reduction sauce, cooked with locally grown shallots, carrots and baby button mushrooms, topped with coriander

Garlic and butter mashed potatoes

String beans sauteed with garlic & lemon zest

Salad of mixed greens, spinach, dill, basil, beets, apples, tomatoes, cucumbers, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, and sunflower seeds

Paired with a crisp Riesling wine

Dessert

Homemade banana bread a la mode, drizzled with chocolate and paired with frozen chocolate coated bananas

Don't you wish you were there??? That's all for now, folks. Now, on to my dinner, for which I'm having breakfast, in honor of the hour that disappeared from my morning today because of daylight savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment